Two quick updates for you.
First, I am teaching a live workshop at the 2021 GrowthHackers Conference.
It’s around building a growth agency from scratch.
See exactly what we did at GrowthHit to become a multi-million dollar agency.
Plus, they gave me a fancy social image to share below.
Enough with the annoying self promotion.
Second, we have gotten some good feedback on our podcast episodes called iconic reads.
Today we discuss an iconic blog post from Nathan Barry called The Ladders of Wealth Creation: a Step-by-Step Roadmap to Building Wealth.
It’s for anyone that wants to go from employee to freelancer to business owner.
In this episode we discuss:
- Nathan Barry and his path to creating ConvertKit
- What is the Ladder of Wealth Creation
- How building wealth is a learned skill
- Investing your time in wealth creation skills
- Why SAAS companies should have their own ladder
- Disagreements with the author’s work
- Why this is an iconic read
- Who should read this blog post and when
Okay, here are five things that caught my attention.
Published an ad but don’t see it getting the reach you expected?
Wondering if your Facebook ads are delivering at all? Check out a few top reasons why they may not be:
- Your spending limit has been reached
- Your ads have limited engagement
- Your audiences are overlapping
Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection is set to be the biggest disruption to email marketing since GDPR. It’s causing some problems for our clients.
Here are four steps you can take to minimize MPP’s impact on your customer experience:
- Segment Apple customers
- Audit your automations and customer journeys
- Maximize learnings while you still can
- Reconsider Your Reporting Design
BFCM starts in 50 days.
And for some brands, it’s even earlier than that. Are you ready?
It’s going to be big this year and here are some tips to make sure you maximize it:
- Get your iOS updates figured out
- Build your list now in preparation for a big launch
- Launch early and be bold with your ad creative (get noticed in all the noise)
- Leverage SMS to optimize existing customers
For aspiring creators, knowing what to sell and how to start can be overwhelming.
Gumroad interviewed authors, teachers, & creators about their products and what’s worked for them. See below for one of many gems:
Don’t get bogged down on creating more content or more features. Find a simple problem, create a solution and package it as a product. That’s it. 80% of your time and effort should go into promoting your product. Remember, sales is a numbers game.
After 40+ podcast episodes, below are the the top 7 based on listens. Here are some highlights.
- Comedians that tour with Jerry Seinfeld have great stories (Ep. 10)
- If you sell a company for $3B then you have some good advice (Ep. 39)
- The 4 Hour Work Week is still alive with this Ex-Airbnb hire turned millionaire (Ep 2)
- Listeners like productivity tips from founders (Ep. 30)