The Launch Pad Business Model
Well, I think I met my future self.
His name is Mark and he has done what I am attempting to do.
From running a 7 figure agency to launching a Shopify app, Mark Sandeno comes on the podcast to talk about his many ventures:
In this episode we discuss:
- The Launch Pad Business model
- How he launched a SaaS app while running an agency
- When to say no to a business
- Why is it important for founders to build relationships with other founders
- And he does his best Richard Branson impression
Get the full episode right here.
DID YOU MISS LAST WEEK’S EMAIL? Here are the top articles.
People enjoyed How to Grow and Market D2C Brands (22 Step Process) and 24% of you wanted to know Steph Smith’s secret to making $130K with an E-Book.
Here are the articles that caught my attention this week:
It’s no secret that the podcast industry has been exploding over the last decade, with plenty of us tuning into podcasts for news, advice and entertainment — popping in our headphones while washing dishes, walking the dog, or during a commute.
That means it’s a great marketing channel for founders to get their story out there.
But there are ways for brands to leverage this new platform besides throwing advertising dollars at it.Podcasts are an opportunity to spend an intimate 60 minutes in the ear of thousands of people who have opted in to listen to you alongside a host they trust.
Some tips on how to scale your podcast outreach strategy:
- Step 1: Lean on your network to source shows.
- Step 2: Use other founders as benchmarks.
- Step 3: Don’t pitch your product or your company.
- Step 4: Track everything and stay organized.
- Step 5: Practice a lot and seek out feedback.
- Step 6: Keep the relationship going.
Instagram Reels are full-screen, vertical video clips on Instagram that typically include audio clips and visual effects
While Instagram has always been a valuable platform for businesses and marketers, Reels create new opportunities. The format is highly engaging, and it offers incredible reach and discoverability benefits that can help brands quickly grow their audiences.
At the end of the post, they give recommendations on types of content to create with Reels. I’m partial to videos that show a behind the scenes look at your brand / team or when you provide useful tips . advice.
“Not delivering” means that your active ads are not being displayed to your target audience. This can happen to new ads or to existing ads that have been delivering in the past. No matter the reason, don’t fret or ditch the campaign. The reason is, more often than not, something maddeningly simple and straightforward to fix. Check out a few quick fixes below:
- Your bid/budget parameters aren’t set right
- Your ads have limited engagement
- Your audiences are overlapping
Here are some typical issues that come up and how to resolve them.
Great writers are great thinkers, capable of using the written word to impose structure on nebulous ideas and simplify the complex. They’re persuasive, able to create ironclad arguments to defend their beliefs. Most important of all, great writing can be taught.
This post gives tips on:
- How to find ideas
- How to write an introduction hook
- How to write with authority or persuasion
- How to choose a great title
Lets start with 2 stats:
- 3 in 5 marketers lack the ability to understand a prospect’s position on the customer journey.
- One-quarter don’t feel confident in their ability to deliver “the right message, at the right time, to the right prospect.”
Multi-channel marketing involves using several marketing channels to target customers with a single message or concept.
- Leverage the “right” channels.
- Drive engagement.
- Be integrated.
- Nail the messaging.
See how some big brands run their MCM strategy.
THE $3M CHALLENGE
Our Growth Team is Working in Public
We launched a startup studio and we’re growing 3 companies to $1M in sales each. Specifically, an agency, a D2C brand and a SaaS Company. We’re documenting every step along the way. Follow the journey to $3M right here.
Here is our progress meter.